Our second generation of cork mats is much more durable than the first, here are a few care instructions though:
1. Roll it cork side out keep your mat laying flat.
2. Do not leave in your car or very hot places for long periods of time.
3. After a sweaty practice let your mat dry out before storing for long periods of time. Do not store your mat unless completely dry.
Cork is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, so you should not need to clean Roots after every practice. Dirt may penetrate the surface, but it should not affect performance. To clean your mat:
1. Hose down both sides with water. Feel free to use a few drops of mild soap or a mat cleaner. If using a mat cleaner test on part of the mat. Mat cleaners with essential oils may stain your mat, but should not affect the surface performance. If you don't need to clean your entire mat just spot clean it.
2. Let your mat dry out completely. You can drape it over a chair or lay it flat on the floor.